When you were born just 60 miles from New Orleans, you're bound to have relatives who send you stuff like:
The Ten Commandments in Cajun... (Keeps it REAL Simple)
1. God is number one... and das' All.
2. Don't pray to nuttin' or nobody... jus' God.
3. Don't cuss nobody... 'specially da Good Lord.
4. When it be Sabath... pass yo'self by God's House.
5. Yo mama an' yo daddy dun did it all... lissen to dem.
6. Killin' duck an' fish, das' OK.. people - No!
7. God done give you a wife... sleep wit' jus' her.
8. Don't take nobody's boat... or nuttin' else.
9. Don't go wantin' somebody's stuff.
10. Stop lyin'... yo tongue gonna fall out yo mouf!
And, YES, I can play that dialect in my head! Talk about a GREAT VOWEL SHIFT!